Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Steak something-or-other

A concoction I made up because it's easier than stuffed zucchini! Added bonus is that my kids all love it too.

Preheat large electric skillet.

Cut one large round steak into strips about 2" x 1/4". Cook in hot pan until browned, stirring occasionally. Season as desired (I like to use Tastefully Simple Seasoned Salt).

Add 12-16 oz sliced mushrooms, 1 large red onion quartered & sliced, and 4 small zucchini, halved and sliced. Stir together, cover and cook until zucchini is tender, about 10 minutes.

Serve with warmed, whole wheat tortillas.

Serves 4-6

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

i used to make something like this only would make large meat balls, the veggies, zucinni. and a tomatoe sauce..

SignGurl said...

Sounds yummy!!

Mouthy Girl said...

I'd try it! I never know what to do with any steaks other than filet. I'm such a dunce where other cuts are concerned.