Friday, March 9, 2007

Cheesy Meatloaf

At my house we share the meatloaf making tasks. One kid mixes the dry stuff in one bowl, the other kid mixes the wet stuff in another bowl, and they pour them together in a third bowl with the ground beef, where I mix it all together and then slide it into a loaf pan, and drizzle some ketchup on the top:

1.5 lb lean ground beef

dry stuff:
2/3 cup cheese crackers, crushed*
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp rubbed sage
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese)

wet stuff:
1 cup milk
1 egg
1 tsp worchestershire sauce

Bake at 350 for one hour. Let stand for 10 minutes, and serve it with corn and applesauce.

yeharr


*we use one of those kids-lunch sized bags of cheez-its, open a little corner of it to let the air escape, and pound it into submission. But that's just us.

2 comments:

SignGurl said...

Now I'm hungry. Sounds great!

Mouthy Girl said...

I'm dying laughing here. I love the well-thought pummeling of the cheez-its!