· 1 head fresh broccoli, cut into bite size pieces
· 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
· 1 cup halved seedless red grapes
· 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
· 2 tablespoons white sugar
· 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
· 1 cup mayonnaise
· 1 cup pine nuts
· ½ to 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
· 10 slices bacon (can omit if you are a vegetarian)
1. Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Crumble and set aside. (I cheat, using the packaged crumbled bacon)
2. In a salad bowl, toss together broccoli, grapes, pine nuts, cheese, bacon, and red onions.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the white sugar, vinegar and mayonnaise. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.